Algorithms - Innovative
CantOvation has the expertise to develop new algorithms in a wide range of
application areas including speech and voice processing, music analysis, biomedical
signal processing, and other acoustic analysis applications.
- Recently, Rising
Software came to us to ask for help in improving the pitch
tracking algorithm in their flagstaff product Auralia. We were able to significantly
increase the accuracy of the pitch detection in their recently product.
- Pitch detection for Netflix game show "SING ON", in conjunction with ionoco, a major game show technology provider.
- Algorithms for analysing the echo-location calls of bats and dolphins.
- 3-D modelling of the human vocal tract and tongue.
Software R&D - Innovation
We have many years of experience in academic and commercial R&D, largely
focussed on developing analysis tools for use by "end users". Some
of our previous projects are listed here:
- The development of a clinical
cough analysis tool. This used custom
hardware for recording the cough flow and sound,
and a real-time analysis and display system running on a PC to show the
clinician characteristics of the cough. The system was used in a number
clinical research studies of cough in childhood asthma and other diseases.
- Development of a suite of acoustic analysis tools written in Matlab
for studies of voice and music acoustics. These were used in a number of
studies researching the counter-tenor voice, flute performance, projection
and "emotional connection" in singing performance, amongst others.
- Development of a device and software tools for measuring airways during
clinical studies of asthma. This system, using the "forced oscillation
technique" of measuring airways impedance, is now in use in a wide number
of clinical and research projects at the Woolcock
Institute of Medical Research in Sydney
Contact us to discuss your requirements and how
we can help you to solve your R&D problems.